Monday, October 20, 2008

I need plants

This is the only potted plant I own:

Babo in a vase, hiding the outlets

It hasn't grown in months. I'm getting worried. Hee.

Well, I do have a geranium that bloomed twice last summer, even if it stayed indoors. And I do buy fresh flowers pretty much every week. But I need plants, real ones - the ones that freshen the air and make the room feel alive. The problem is that I need really sturdy ones, or my cat will trash them. And my bedroom and kitchen are in the back of the loft and get no sunlight, so that's another factor. I need help!

It's been so long since I had any potted greenery that I don't even know what I like anymore. I know I don't like cactus (or is it "cacti"?), that plant that looks like it's growing miniature green bananas, and those that need watering every day.

I do like plants that get flowers. And plants that are tree-like. Flowers are nice. Trees are fun.

The search goes on...

1 comment:

• Eliane • said...

What about something like an ivy? I like those with variegated foliage (green & white).