Saturday, February 14, 2009

A game of cards with my valentine























I love this picture because of the random flower pot and the cigarette my grand-father is holding on top of my head. My grand-father Jean-Paul was a huge influence in my life. Even if we were not related by blood (my Dad was adopted by him and my sweet grand-mother, his mother's sister), I see a lot of myself in him. He was very loyal to his friends and family, had a dry sense of humour, loved gadgets, had a short fuse and never met a garage sale he didn't like. He's the one who really got me into vintage stuff, flea markets and rummage sales. After a long, happy life, he passed away a few years ago and I am still reeling from it - it was so sudden. So this Valentines day, I'll be playing a little game of solitaire with his old Glamour Girl cards, thinking of him, and sending him a big kiss. I love you grand-papa!

Grand-papa's cards in Danish dish

2 comments:

Martha said...

Hello! I saw a post of yours on apartmenttherapy and tried to figure out a way to contact you. I guess this will have to do! :) You asked if Watkins is sold in Canada ... yes. Some places like Shopper's has a FEW items, but you CAN order online. I'm Canadian and my stuff comes directly from Winnipeg to my door! :) www.watkinsonline.com/mjweinhardt if you're still interested!

Eve said...

Thanks! Sorry about the delay, I JUST noticed this comment! -/