Friday, December 19, 2008

Hip Haven rocks. Seriously.

In late October, I ordered a triple swivel metallic bullet lighting from Hip Haven to add the final touch to my laundry room. I will be installed in place of the big halo caused by the naked bulb seen here :
























The look was cool, the price was right and I was very excited about finally finishing that room. Only it turned out to be more complicated than that. Everything that could go badly went badly: first, the wrong fixture was sent, then the right one they sent as a replacement got caught in a vortex of red tape at custom, then UPS mixed things up even further... ALL the ingredients of a bad online purchase were there, but you know what? It was everything but, because Hip Haven has some of the BEST customer service I've ever experience. Why?

- because they sent mew emails keeping me updated of what was happening, said "we're sorry" many times and kept a positive and understanding outlook
- because they were super nice in every communication they sent and always responded promptly
- because they offered many times to give me a refund, but at the same time did everything they could to get the fixture to me
- because in the end, they made it happen and I got what I ordered - and I didn't have to argue about who was at fault, who was going to pay for shipping, etc.

So I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart (thanks Kelley!), you guys are pros. I love, love, love my new lighting and will recommend Hip Haven to all of my friends - and to my readers!

But now I need to install it... Help?

No comments: